Yo.

Welcome to the 'The Blog'. Everything posted is purely for entertainment purposes and won't be taken down for any reasons other than legal or respect. Don't like what you see? Click the back button. Its that simple, making is any more difficult is your choice.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Frank Waln Interview Part 2

Many apologies for taking this long to get it posted. I am posting it quietly cause I think hyping it would be meaningless at this point. Here it is, the second part to the epic Frank Waln interview.

Can I get another free CD? I still got those other ones you gave me. 
I will mail your autographed S&B next week and that is a promise. Been going thru some things lately that have thrown me off track.

What do you like to do when you have some free time?
I rarely have free time but when I do I either make some more beats, read, or play piano. I am trying to start up running again.



 The bathrooms are that way!


What kind of music do you listen to that most people would be surprised to find out? 
This question is fun...I rarely listen to Hip-Hop anymore. The Hip-Hop I do listen to is NNW or weird underground, strange, insanely lyrical type shyt that most people would get bored with. I love Kanye's albums for the production value and I also Love Lupe and Kudi. I also just got into Yelawolf and Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick Lamar is insane

I listen to a lot of alternative and old school rock. I fukkin love Radiohead and their moody ass soundscapes. I will always bump The Beatles. I LOVE Adele. Die Antwoord and Ratatat. Pretty much anything Danger Mouse has produced I listen to. Danger Mouse is my producer idol. I listen to a lot of weird shyt that I once heard called "moody downer music"...but I don't really care cuz I am something like a music junkie. I am always on the look out for new, fresh and inspiring music. 

What are you going to school for?
I was going to Full Sail online for Recording Arts before my gates scholarship evaluated my file about 3 months late and told me that can't pay for that type of school after I already started classes. so I just recently had to withdraw and now have to find another school that Gates will pay for. I will study some form of audio or music production. 

Can we really get that Special Deluxe Chopped and Screwed Fan Edition of Scars and Bars? 
Maybe. I was never really into chopped and screwed albums. i found them annoying because they effects took away from what the music was in the first place..idk i am just weird like that




I'm pretty sure hes shoutin me out here. 

You seem so calm, cool and collected at all times, what's your secret?  That smile your always rocking never seems to leave your face (lol)I don't think I am very cool at all. I am a very insecure person but when I am around ppl that know me and can make me laugh I enjoy their presence. So i guess in turn they enjoy my presence. I am rocking a big smile most of the time because I am joking helps me forget all the bullshyt. When I am alone at home I am usually down and depressed because of all the shyt that comes my way but as soon as I get in public it's like my "social light" is switched on and I can laugh and joke with ease. IDK if I just defined someone who is bipolar or what but I am pretty sure I have some chemical imbalances in my brain..lol..and this is just recently. I used to always be happy and full of life. now it is just on occasion and those occasions tend to be in public.


Where can we find your music?
Facebook band page search: Nake Nula Waun
Youtube, reverbnation.com, itunes, rhapsody, amazon.com, napster, AllStop, Gus Stop (Basically any kind of stop on the rez), Radioshack in Mish, SWAGG (Soldier Woman Art and Gift Gallery), Stadium Sports, Prairie Edge and Ernie November's in Rapid, ummmm that's about it...or you can hit me up on Fbook for a CD





Not shown: The dead that were in his way to the exit. 


Give a few tracks for those who dont know.

Pretty Much "Heavy", "Always On My Mind" and "Heart is On Fire"

Give a few tracks for those who might a thing or two about NNW!
"Bend Them Corners" (My first ever song), "Nake Nula Waun" (off our '09 mixtape, it's a dark gem), "All I Ever Need" (off our '09 mixtape, the first time I ever effectively combined my lyricism with song concept), "Dedication" (off S&B. I think it's a highly underrated song. the beat is one of my favs)...any track off our next album. it's going to seriously be on another level. if we don't get big time attention off these songs then idk what else I can do.


Shout-outs?
Shout-out to you Rob Gnar for being one smart, funny ass mofo with undertones of genius. Shout-out to the whole old skool WR crew: Curt Dawg, Freemont, C-Money Da Hustla, Tommy C., Jimmy P., Louie K., basically all the REAL Natives that helped me have a good time while I was in WR...O yeah and shout-out to John Gross for being John Gross. Shout-out to my momma and NNW and to the Creator and most importantly the FANS!! and lastly a shout-out to shout-outs for making things unnecessarily long.


Last words?

ALWAYS READY




Oh shii dude, they really did call the cops...